Open data is data published by the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology, such as statistics and reports, among others, that anyone can use, reuse, distribute or share with others without restrictions. The user is only required to cite the source and abide by copyright licenses.
Open data guidelines:
- Accessibility with no restrictions (e.g. registration) and downloadable in easy-to-edit formats.
- Machine-readable, making it easy to reuse and redistribute.
- File type, size, and time required to download should be clearly mentioned to the user at the download point.
- Special programs or software needed to run or open the file should be mentioned, and plug-ins should be provided by the website.
- Users must comply with citation requirements and must not misrepresent the data.